Friday, November 10, 2006

Mai is cool, shut up.



News, news... Well, there's plenty of it, anyway. So let's begin:


Another new anime announced...
Romeo x Juliet has its website up. Apparently it takes place in the floating city of Neo-Verona. The character designs remind me of some recent shoujo anime but I can't recall any of the titles. And isn't Juliet supposed to be 12?

And another...
...apparently. We all remember the "Haruhi got a second season!" rabid flailing this past summer, but this doesn't seem to be a hoax... I'm waiting for official confirmation. Apparently it'll be in fall 2007... which may or may not mean that Nanoha StrikerS will come in spring or summer. That or they'll use Chrono less. But before I get into the realm of complete speculation, next topic!

Soukou no Strain...
is awesome. I don't want to say more and jinx the show, hence no first impressions post (I'm a bit paranoid...) but I do like it. Still, time for me to be my usual self and nip fansub errors in the bud: Her pseudonym is Sara Cruz. Not Sara Crewe. "Cruz" is confirmed in the animation, as well as making sense with the pronunciation. However, props to the fansub group for coming up with, if the wrong name, a name that makes sense.

Yoakena...
is not awesome. Hate to admit it, but Satou was right. This anime is trying to be everything that anyone might look for in a ren'ai adaptation. If you want to be a comedy, be a comedy. If you want to be a harem show, spotlight the other girls and give Natsuki an actual chance. If you want to be a romance, don't use every cliche scene you can think of. And for goodness' sake, you've turned Feena into the most annoying Mary Sue I've seen in ages... except maybe on fanfiction.net. Apparently the game's much better. Come out with a clean version, August, please. I want to justify my liking this series.

Megami...
Come on. If you're going to showcase Soukou no Strain, at least get a better poster than this one!


Sara looks like a bobble-head...

No comments: