Monday, December 18, 2006

Suzumiya Haruhi wills a mass publicity stunt today

Yuki is amused at best.


Two pieces of Haruhi news which I'm sure you've heard already (darn Yoakena icon challenge, taking up my time before I can post): the viral marketing of the mysterious possible licensing, and the protesting little girl. Finally, the official site is down on purpose. If I could get my hands on that French article, I'd translate it, but sadly, my own publicity stunt has been thwarted. It appears, though, that all of this was orchestrated on the same day on purpose... according to Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu, the basis for the next season, December 18 was "the day" three years ago. These guys are having a field day with us, I'm sure.

Still, one thing's left, and that's wo wait til Friday to learn officially that Haruhi got licensed, and by who. My bets are on ADV (apparently they've done viral marketing before, they've already got Full Metal Panic, and what else would the A stand for?), but we'll have to see. I just hope it's someone good. If it is ADV, I hope they have better communication in their production team (remember Angelic Layer's "Alice"?) and they teach their voice actors to pronounce the names. (Still, don't dump on the ADV/Funimation voice actor team. Everyone's been doing that lately, and I actually like these guys. I listen to the commentaries and recording videos with pride.)

I forgot what else I was going to say. It'll come. Eventually.

No comments: